Mental Health in The Workplace with SchoolMint’s Kristy Doucet-Touchet
This episode, I’m joined by the Director of Human Resources at SchoolMint Kristy Doucet-Touchet, to discuss the importance of mental health in the workplace, how leaders can create a positive mental health environment, and how we can implement effective mental health initiatives in the workplace.
- How to stay motivated during traumatic times.
- Current challenges for HR leaders around vulnerability.
- The importance of being open about mental health.
- How HR has been shifting from a compliance-centered approach to a people-centered approach.
- How leaders can reduce boss anxiety and allow their employees to feel comfortable.
- How to implement effective mental health initiatives in the workplace.
- Why mental health practices need to be proactive, not reactive.
- How marketing and analytics relates to HR.
- The importance of leaders understanding analytics and storytelling.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
- 02:50 – “Leaders from CEO to HR need to be more vulnerable in sharing their story and talking about their challenges because it allows others to feel like they can open up in the workforce.”
- 07:18 – “If there’s something in your organization that this person’s unhappy with if you really sit down and listen then you can find a solution that’s not only going to work for that one person but works for the whole group, all your employees.”