Reading Time: 2 minutes
This episode, I’m joined by the Head of People at MyTutor Will Beaton to discuss things to be wary of when in a period of high growth, the value of staff retention, and how to create a culture that connects employees with the business…
Will Beaton studied maths and economics at University before joining MyTutor as his first job out of school. He worked up the business and moved around different departments within the company. Will is now the Head of People at MyTutor where he focuses on the employee lifecycle. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of People Analytics:
- How Will became the Head of People at MyTutor.
- The benefits of working in an office and having an HQ.
- Things to be wary of when in a period of high growth.
- The importance of having a solid onboarding phase.
- The value of staff retention when maintaining your companies culture.
- How to create a culture that encourages employee retention.
- How to determine your organization’s culture when it’s in its early stage.
- Ways organizations can help their employees feel a deep connection with the company.
- The metrics MyTutor uses to track the impact they’re making for their clients.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
Connect with Will Beaton:
Connect with the host:
- 12:19 – “If you want to keep good people there needs to be different pathways available.”
- 21:22 – “Historically we’ve always made sure that a new joiner gets some sort of options or equity in the business so they are an owner, so they do feel part of it, and they are intrinsically tied to the success of the business and want to do right by the customer and value for shareholders which can be them.”