Reading Time: 2 minutes
How to create a top-class employee experience with Houwzer’s Bennett Andelman
This episode, I’m joined by the Chief People Officer at Houwzer Bennett Andelman to discuss how HR professionals can create a top-class employee experience, be creative in their work, and bring fun to the workplace…
Bennett Andelman is a multi-faceted marketing, communications, and people executive with over 20 years of experience in driving creativity, culture, and community for renowned brands in the home, retail, fragrance, finance, and food arenas.
Over the past 11 years, Bennett has built an in-house brand agency overseeing 30 marketing strategists and creatives as a thought leader, on-camera personality, and storyteller. His expertise fits snugly within brand strategy, content marketing, advertising, and culture creation with an emphasis on campaign development designed to drive employee and customer engagement with a track record of success in terms of acquisition, retention, and lifetime value. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of People Analytics:
- How Bennett became the Chief People Officer at Houwzer and how he helps keep their employees happy.
- How to create a top-class employee experience.
- How to feel comfortable in front of an audience.
- The creative side of HR and the importance of having fun at the office.
- Why all the best HR people don’t follow a script and how we can think outside of the box.
- Why leadership should talk to their employees about challenges in their business.
- The challenges of being in a virtual or hybrid environment.
- How to bring fun to the workplace.
- The effect of giving your employees incentives and perks.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
Connect with Bennett Andelman:
Connect with the host:
- 08:47 – “The four pillars of employee happiness and joy, that is talent acquisition and building a pipeline of great people, human resources and relations, but really creating relationships with our employees through the human resources umbrella. Developing employee engagement and experience as I articulated earlier, and development of learning and development opportunities.”
- 15:10 – “Work doesn’t have to be a long slog, it could be fun, cool, interesting, and informative and give you the tools that you ultimately need, if you’re doing it the right way, to succeed no matter where you go.”
- 31:30 – “More often than not companies choose profit over their people, and when you choose profit you lose people.”