Engagement in the Workplace with Wodify’s Buck Seggelke
This episode, I’m joined by the Head of People at Wodify Buck Seggelke to discuss why engagement in the workplace is becoming more important, how we can keep employees engaged, and what makes an employee stay at a company.
- The importance of engagement.
- Common mistakes that lead to employees becoming disengaged.
- How managers can keep employees engaged.
- How to improve culture fit and value fit in your recruitment process.
- Why engagement decline is such a modern issue.
- What makes an employee stay at a company.
- How Buck increased employee engagement at Wodify.
- How to create a psychologically safe space for employees.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
- 11:38- “What we’re really looking for is does this person believe in our values, is this person going to lead like a business owner, is this person going to invest in themselves and others, are they going to operate with integrity and are they going to stay positive?”
- 14:13 – “Organizations have to pay attention to retention because turnover costs money, turnovers going to cost you anywhere from 30-70 percent of that worker’s salary to fill that role.”
- 27:48 – “Figure out what your employees need to be engaged and do it.”