Reading Time: 2 minutes
Dive into the world of HR with Shane Fisher, Director of Human Resources at Built Brands, as he shares his inspirational journey in employee development and the creation of a dream company culture at Built Brands. Get ready to discover the power of ‘giving them pie’ and the success stories that define the heart of HR.
HR Stories from the Heart – Shane Fisher’s Journey
Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of People Analytics:
- Shane Fisher’s late HR start
- Developing Built’s company culture
- Creating the Built Leadership Academy
- Staff empowerment and investment
- Shane’s success story in HR
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
Connect with Shane Fisher:
Connect with our host, Lindsay Patton:
- 8:08 – I think I, I wanna build a leadership academy. And she was like, do it. You know, she was just like, do it, it’s yours. Go. And so I was like, alright. And so, you know, the Built Leadership and Development Academy came to life.
- 9:15- It’s so cool, just in this past course, you know, we had individuals who came back the following week and they were like, I was looking over my team and this person has this leadership style, and this person has this leadership style, and I think if I help them to develop that, then they’re gonna be great in this position. And, you know, I almost like turned around and cried. I was like, oh my gosh. You know, it works.
- 14:01 – We realized being a manufacturing company, you know, we have our day shift, we have our swing shift. And so we came to the realization that not everyone’s gonna be there at 10 o’clock or one o’clock. So we actually have three courses now. So we have a one o’clock for the day shift, we have a three 30 for the afternoon shift, and then we come in later at like seven or eight at night for our later shifts.
- 22:31 – If you don’t have a positive culture, if you don’t have people who really want to be here, who believe in the company, then how would those people ever benefit Built, you know, by focusing on them and, and helping them hit those goals and have that happiness and be successful and you know, go and see our product on the shelves and be like, that’s what I do. I’ve made that. That’s, that’s how we benefit that. That’s always got, you know, the best interest of built and the best interest of our team members.