Introducing Low-cost Benefits that Create Big Impacts with Deli Star’s Lisa Whealon
This episode, Deli Star’s VP of People and Culture Lisa Whealon talks about the problems with traditional benefits, the innovative and creative benefits she’s used to really make a difference to people’s lives, and how to offer low-cost benefits that have big impacts on employees
- How to see the opportunity in setbacks.
- What it’s like creating person-centered programs.
- Why having creative benefits are more effective than traditional ones.
- Different innovative benefits that increase employee engagement and well-being.
- Challenges for parents in the workplace.
- The issues with flexible time off policies.
- How to offer low-cost benefits that have big impacts on employees.
- The benefits of offering employees sabbaticals.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
- 3:34 – “Their attitudes really was the key ingredient for our success because I think many would have wallowed in that grief and seen that as an opportunity to slow down and perhaps stop and the team here did quite the opposite they said gosh that is really sad but what can we do to continue on what can we do to make better.”
- 7:18 – “The standard boilerplate benefits especially in the market today, you kind of just make an assumption that an employer’s going to have those things, they’re going to have 41K, they’re going to have health benefits, that’s a given at this point so I like to think about benefits from this wow perspective.”
- 11:46 – “Parents were so motivated and inspired by a company giving back in that way that we saw that from a productivity lense we didn’t lose any productivity, people would be sure to make up the work in other ways in other times because they valued having the baby there in such a strong way.”
- 15:49 – “When we think about these wow benefits, not every single employee can participate in every single benefit so it’s really more of an al a carte menu, that our goal is to create a wow benefit that you can find a wow benefit that you can participate in that is meaningful to you and that is really impactful to your particular personal situation in your life.”
- 29:30 – “Start where you can start, not everything has to happen all at the same time so think of those little intentional ways that you can show employees that you care outside of your standard benefit offerings and just build upon them from there.”