Reading Time: 2 minutes
E65: Workplace Community and Communication with North One’s Sarah Livnat
Workplace Community and Communication with North One’s Sarah Livnat
This episode, I’m joined by the Head of People at North One Sarah Livnat to discuss how to build community in a global team, how to have a strategic approach in your communication, and the best way to communicate with your staff during layoffs.
Sarah Livnat is the Head of People at North One and has over 20 years of experience in creating sustainable solutions for customers and communities, with a focus on inclusion and social and economic justice for those left out of the mainstream.
Sarah is an open-minded and adaptive leader and specializes in bringing together communities and building culture. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of People Analytics:
- How to make connections and build community.
- Ways to improve employee engagement.
- How to build a community in a global team.
- The importance of mental health in the workplace.
- How to have a strategic approach in your communication.
- Having mindful strategic communication when going through layoffs.
- Why transparency is important in the workplace.
- How to utilize surveys to get the best employee feedback possible.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
Connect with Sarah Livnat:
Connect with the host:
- 1:19 “I really believe in the power of community to do hard things, together we can always accomplish more than we can alone.”
- 14:43 – “Communication must be very intentional, first of all, communication is very important, you can have the best program that you create in people and culture and you can make it perfect it can be a fantastic benefit that you are providing, you’ve really thought through all the details but if you have not thought through your go to market plan, and I’m borrowing a product management term in terms of taking a new product or service to your clientele if you haven’t thought through your marketing plan and delivery on that then you are shooting yourself in the foot, you are handicapping yourself you’ve got to be able to get out in front of people and talk to them about and explain what the benefits of what you’re doing and why you’re doing it and why it’s going to be helpful for them.”
- 25:56 – “Be very focused on who you’re serving and the why behind that and to really think about your employees as your customer.”