The Benefits of Coaching with Lulu’s Erin Miller
This episode, I’m joined by the Vice President of People and Culture at Lulu Erin Miller to discuss the benefits of having a coach, the unique relationship a coach has with their clients, and how you can find a coach that is the right fit for you.
- How to make people feel included at work.
- Ways to influence your workplace culture.
- The relationship between a coach and their clients.
- Who can benefit from having a coach.
- How coaching is different from mentoring.
- How to find a coach that’s the right fit for you.
- Breaking the habit of people pleasing.
- Investing in marginalized groups you want to uplift.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
- 7:08 “It’s not what you say, it’s what you do, it’s the actions that you take, the metrics that you measure and really holding yourself accountable because employees are watching and they know when you’re just saying something and they know when you’re actually going to follow through and do what you say you’re going to do.”
- 26:24 – “When a flower doesn’t grow, you don’t change the flower you change its environment. I think about that quote on a daily basis because our environments whether our home environments, our community environments, our work environments that’s how you know if someone’s going to thrive or not and I’ve seen this time and time in my career where someone is at a company and their amazing, they’re a rockstar, everyone is really happy with them, they’re productive, they feel amazing you take that same individual and they go to another company and you see a completely different person and that person didn’t change their environment did. So for all those individuals that are working in companies, you don’t have to be in HR to create an amazing environment for your colleague, you have to show up, you have to say good morning, and you have to see that human for the human that they are.”