Reading Time: 2 minutes
E63: Creating a Positive Culture with your Employees with Convivial’s Mary Dale
Creating a Positive Culture with your Employees with Convivial’s Mary Dale
This episode, I’m joined by the Chief Human Resource Officer at Convivial Mary Dale to discuss how you can involve your employees in the creation of your core values, integrate your core values into your business and create a safe environment for your employees.
Mary Dale is a hands-on Human Resources and Operations Strategic Leader at Convivial and has over 17 years of progressive leadership experience in mid to large-size organizations.
At Convivial Mary is responsible for managing anywhere between 4-21 direct reports and as many as 170 indirect reports. Last year she was awarded the HR Unite Purpose Award and the HR Unite Inspire Award. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of People Analytics:
- What to look out in the hiring process.
- How to integrate your core values into your business.
- Ways to involve your employees in creating your business’s core value.
- The benefits of having a longer interview process.
- How to structure leadership meetings.
- How to create a safe environment for your employees.
- Ways you can improve the lives of your employees.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
Connect with Mary Dale:
Connect with the host:
- 6:23 – “We have found that a lot of older companies especially our design that have been around for 30-something years, you really have growth pretty quickly and then it starts to plateau where you make gains to the business you might lose some business but you maintain quite a steady, there’s not a huge growth climb but what we have found is that by implementing some of the EOS model in our organisation and using analytics it’s really helped us gain new traction even in those businesses that have been around a long time so core values for us are a big deal.”
- 31:11 “We are all leaders, whether it’s by title or not we have the opportunity to slowly implement things that can change the lives of our team members and in HR if you are an HR team member even if you’re a generalist you can implement some of these things just in your own team and you’d be surprised as you start to see the positive changes that take place other managers want in on it, they want to know what you’re doing, they want to know how you’ve started to build this really cool culture and how you’ve been able to retain people and they want that too, so you’d be surprised as an informal leader how you can change the lives internally.”