The Emergence of Quiet Quitting and Quiet Firing with Signal Financial’s Felipe Cofiño
This episode, I’m joined by the VP of Human Resources at Signal Financial Federal Credit Union Felipe Cofiño to discuss the importance of empathy in HR, why people have started ‘quiet quitting’ and how to fire people in a respectful way.
- The difference between a manager and a leader.
- What it’s like when you start working in HR.
- The importance of empathy in HR.
- Why a company’s culture is so important.
- How to create a culture of respect.
- How to fire people in a respectful way.
- What quiet quitting is and why it’s happening.
- What quiet firing is and the problems it creates.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
- 9:23 “Be empathetic, don’t be sympathetic as much be more empathetic because sometimes we’re too sympathetic we get brought down with our emotions, you sit down you start crying with them or you start feeling sad, empathy is understanding and I think that’s so important and emotional intelligence also in a leader having emotional intelligence you can recognize.”
- 27:20 “At the end of the day focus on yourself on your physical and mental health because just like I said your job is going to replace you if you leave, but if you passed away your job’s still going to replace you but guess what your family’s not going to post a position for a new father, mother, sister, that’s their life they’re going to have to live with that so that’s got to be a priority for everyone.”