Developing a Culture of Respect and Equality with Refine Labs’ Jessica Williams
This episode, I’m joined by the VP of People at Refine Labs Jessica Williams to discuss the key areas to focus on when building a culture from scratch, the benefits of reducing your team’s workload on Friday, and why they have mandatory minimum time off for their employees at Refine Labs.
- The benefits of working with startups.
- Key areas to focus on when building a culture from scratch.
- Why it’s important to speak to every employee in a startup when starting out.
- How past toxic experiences can shape who you become.
- How different generations respond to inappropriate work behavior.
- The benefits of reducing your team’s workload on Friday.
- What it means for an organization to have a holistic culture.
- The benefits of having mandatory minimum time off.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
- 14:01 “You can tell the difference between a leader and a boss in how they respond when you disagree with them.”
- 21:30 “One of my boundaries is that I don’t have anything to do with work on my cell phone. So when I’m working I’m working, I sit down I’m at my computer, but when I get up and I leave this room I’m not working.”
- 28:08 “If you think that there’s a different way to do something then just try it.”