Changing the Workplace Mindset with OneScreen’s Adam Reidel
This episode, I’m joined by Head of People at OneScreen Adam Reidel to discuss how to support people through periods of burnout, and why we need to move away from the traditional workplace structure and give employees more control over their time.
- Lessons HR professionals can learn from the pandemic.
- Why employees should be able to manage their own time.
- The problems with the term ‘work-life balance’.
- Why the 8-hour work week is dead.
- The benefits of moving away from traditional work structures.
- The importance of empathetic leadership and what happens when you don’t lead with empathy.
- How to support people through burnout.
- The difference between checking in and checking up on someone.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
- 5:51 “You come first and you because you’re burnt out or overwhelmed that does more harm to us as a company than losing one customer at one point. So we’re really working hard as a company as, a leadership team, to make sure people get you are first.”
- 11:30 “Listen to your body, your body is telling you when it’s time to take a mental rest, an emotional rest, listen to that, and again when you do you have those mechanisms in place that help you recharge and reenergize yourself you come back ready to go and knock everything out of the park.”
- 22:46 “You have to have these conversations, these meaningful conversations but you can only have those conversations when you’ve created that empathetic environment where you yourself are in touch with your own emotions and have allowed people to be vulnerable.”