This episode, I’m joined by Founder and CEO of Exceptional HR Solutions Neil Katz to discuss the biggest disconnect between executives and their subordinates, what employees want from their leaders, and how we can use analytics to learn about the people in a company.
- The usefulness of fractional talent.
- The importance of executive coaching.
- Common pain points leaders face.
- The biggest disconnect between executives and their subordinates.
- What employees want from their leaders.
- How analytics can unlock information about the people in a company.
- The most important metric in people analytics.
- How to measure engagement.
- How to understand overtime as a metric.
- Current trends in HR and why there’s been a pushback against hybrid work.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
- 14:52 “The biggest disconnect is understanding your leaders and understanding what motivates them, what’s important to them. One of the things I take a unique approach from a business perspective is I believe Human Resources and Operations for business work together seamlessly and many people see them as separate. I think the key really comes down to the ability for subordinates to understand what’s important to the leader, what does that leader need to be successful, what are they looking for, and then for that leader to truly understand their people and their team. Really the number one thing an employee wants from their leader, their time.”
- 17:05 “Analytics is the bridge between operational minded individuals and the people. It’s the bridge point to say how do you get leaders to understand the people part of the business, it’s analytics.”
- 26:31 “It’s easier to change your job than to try to change the system within your current job.”