Reading Time: < 1 minute
Discovering the Potential Veterans add to the Workplace with Lt. Col. Kathy Lowrey Galloway
I’m joined by the founder & CEO of the Vanguard Veteran, LLC, Lt. Col. Kathy Lowrey Galloway to discuss how we can be veteran champions by helping veterans transition into the workplace.
- Why Lt. Col. Kathy Lowrey Galloway started the Vanguard Veteran, LLC
- What assimilation looks like for a veteran
- Qualities and skill sets of veterans compared with civilians
- What post-traumatic stress disorder how to help veterans with growth
- Wonderful values and traits within veterans that translate well to the workplace
- What HR leaders should know when veterans apply for work
- The importance of an onboarding and support system at work for veterans
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
- Lindsay Patton on LinkedIn
- 05:20 – “How rewarding satisfying it is for people who have it served to know how to do this well. And frankly, the great impact and how just the smallest of contributions can really promote quality of life, workforce, and community.”
- 31:08 – “this isn’t rocket science, this is people science, you know, lead with your heart, lead with your compassion.”