Reading Time: < 1 minute
Today, we’re joined by Wawa’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategist Kaela Blanks to discuss the importance of diversity, the dangers of unconscious bias, and how organizations can improve their DEI practices.
Kaela Blanks is the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategist at Wawa and is passionate about empowering people to thrive through their DE&I strategic initiatives.
Kaela specializes in helping organizations meet their strategic DE&I goals and create meaningful internal and external partnerships. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of Peoples Analytics:
- Why Kaela decided to specialize in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Analytics.
- The importance of culture and how companies can create a holistic environment.
- How data is incorporated into setting up a company’s DEI structure and goals.
- The importance of using a tailored approach towards your DEI.
- The difference between Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Common biases people face in hiring and the systems we can use to mitigate them.
- The benefits of diversifying within your organization and the doors it can open up.
- Why psychological safety is so important and how we can tell if our organization has it.
- How to recognize and become aware of unconscious bias and microaggressions.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
Connecting with Kaela Blanks:
Connecting with the hosts:
- Lindsey Patton on LinkedIn