Reading Time: 2 minutes
How to Manage a Merger with Open Co’s Andre Bastos
This episode, I’m joined by Co-founder of Open Co Andre Bastos to discuss how to effectively manage mergers, while keeping your employees happy, and creating a positive company culture…
Andre Bastos is a business-building senior-level executive and entrepreneur with a strong finance, strategy, operations, sales, and general management background in startups and large corporations.
Andre has created a technology-based business from scratch, while orchestrating and closing investment funding from major firms such as Goldman Sachs, 3G Capital, IFC, and Franklin Templeton. He is adept at leveraging artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data to achieve a cutting-edge B2C financial service offering.
Andre develops an agile culture across the enterprise that delivers significant productivity improvement. He is a strong negotiator with vendors and coordinated sales partnerships with 15 Fortune 500 companies. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of People Analytics:
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
- What Open Co does and how they help people lower their rate of credit.
- How Andre found a gap in the market and created this solution for it.
- The merger Andre’s company went through and how they kept their employee’s interests at the forefront during this.
- How to reduce employees’ anxiety during mergers.
- The importance of being transparent.
- The strategy of bringing two different companies’ cultures together during a merger.
- The cultural pillars at Open Co and how the organisation supports these.
- How HR leaders can navigate difficult mergers.
Connect with Andre Bastos:
Connect with the host:
- 14:23 – “Transparency and alignment having the same message is very important.”
- 16:28 – “Simple is not easy, to make something simple we have a lot of work behind.”