Reading Time: < 1 minute
Challenges for Employees Living Migraines from Miles for Migraine’s Katie MacDonald
Today, I’m joined by the Director of Operations for Miles For Migraine Katie MacDonald.
She explains exactly what migraines are, the challenges employees who live with chronic migraines have, and what HR leaders can do to help them.
Katie MacDonald worked in high-level management positions for almost 20 years before she had to leave the corporate world due to chronic migraines she suffered from.
Now she is the Director of Operations for Miles For Migraine where she hopes to help others suffering from this condition. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of People Analytics:
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
- How Miles For Migraine was formed and the type of work they do.
- How chronic migraines have affected Katie’s life and career.
- What migraines are and how they differ from headaches.
- How HR leaders can help employees that are living with migraines.
- The challenges Katie faced at work due to chronic migraines.
- The importance of knowing what you can and can’t do.
- The value of flexibility and HR utilizing remote and hybrid structures.
- How open you should be with your employer about migraines.
Connect with Katie MacDonald:
Connect with the host: