Assisting People with Cancer with Twist Out Cancer’s Jenna Benn Shersher
This episode, I’m joined by the Founder and CEO of Twist Out Cancer Jenna Benn Shersher to discuss how she helps people reconcile with their cancer diagnosis, the benefits of sharing and connecting in the workplace, and how HR can assist people who are dealing with grief and chronic conditions.
- How Twist Out Cancer was founded.
- How Jenna moved Twist Out Cancer from a passion project to a full-time job.
- What it’s like working with people who have a cancer diagnosis.
- How Jenna helps people reconcile with their cancer diagnosis.
- The benefits of sharing and connecting in the workplace.
- How HR can assist people who are dealing with grief and chronic conditions.
- The best ways to approach the topic of cancer.
- The Brushes with Cancer program connects artists with people affected by cancer.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
- 16:02 – “When we allow ourselves to share and open up about what we are dealing with it just opens up opportunity for deeper connections with the people that we’re around.”
- 24:24- “There is such a tendency to want to relate your own experience to what that person is experiencing, most of us try and be as empathetic as possible. But the truth is there is no two cancer experiences alike.”