Reading Time: 2 minutes
Assisting people with cancer with Twist Out Cancer’s Jenna Benn Shersher
Assisting People with Cancer with Twist Out Cancer’s Jenna Benn Shersher
This episode, I’m joined by the Founder and CEO of Twist Out Cancer Jenna Benn Shersher to discuss how she helps people reconcile with their cancer diagnosis, the benefits of sharing and connecting in the workplace, and how HR can assist people who are dealing with grief and chronic conditions.
Jenna Benn Shersher is the Founder and CEO of the non-profit Twist Out Cancer which utilizes social media to change the way a cancer survivor shares and a community gives.
Jenna has a Masters in Social Enterprise and Administration and is highly experienced in non-profit management, public relations, and leadership development. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of People Analytics:
- How Twist Out Cancer was founded.
- How Jenna moved Twist Out Cancer from a passion project to a full-time job.
- What it’s like working with people who have a cancer diagnosis.
- How Jenna helps people reconcile with their cancer diagnosis.
- The benefits of sharing and connecting in the workplace.
- How HR can assist people who are dealing with grief and chronic conditions.
- The best ways to approach the topic of cancer.
- The Brushes with Cancer program connects artists with people affected by cancer.
Get our best people analytics content right in your inbox.
Connect with Jenna Benn Shersher:
Connect with the host:
- 16:02 – “When we allow ourselves to share and open up about what we are dealing with it just opens up opportunity for deeper connections with the people that we’re around.”
- 24:24- “There is such a tendency to want to relate your own experience to what that person is experiencing, most of us try and be as empathetic as possible. But the truth is there is no two cancer experiences alike.”